Sunday, June 28, 2009

Century at Chennai - The best

SachinTendulkar rates his century at M.A. Chidambaram stadium at chennai as his best knock ever. This century was just some time after 26/11 attack. "I think the one against England in Chennai last year," says sachin, without hesitation when asked about his most important innings played so far for India.

"After what happened in Mumbai, the mood of the entire nation was low. Something was needed to put smiles on people's faces. I am by no means suggesting that the people who lost near and dear ones could forget their terrible loss, but if we as a team were able to make them smile for just a couple of seconds, that was an achievement," The Independent quoted Tendulkar, as saying. "And thanks to the England cricket team who came back very graciously and played against us. You know, cricket in India brings the entire nation together, from the poorest child to a billionaire. We are in a position to make everyone happy, which is very special for me and the whole cricketing fraternity," he said.

He pointed other innings which he considered important were played during his school days. "I would say that there were a couple in my schooldays that changed my life. In the semi-final of an Under-17s tournament I scored 326 not out, which is when everyone in Mumbai took notice of me. I then scored 346 not out in the final, with Dilip Vengsarkar and Sunil Gavaskar watching."

No comments: