Everybody must clearly understand the term "Yoga". It is nothing but traditional and mental disciplines. According to me, i would recommend everyone to practice yoga which rejuvenates our spirit and makes us strong both in heart and mind. Yoga stimulates our physical organs and ensures better health on a long term.
Ancient Yogis had a belief that in order for man to be in harmony with himself and his environment, he has to integrate the body, the mind, and the spirit. For these three to be integrated, emotion, action, and intelligence must be in balance. The Yogis formulated a way to achieve and maintain this balance and it is done through exercise, breathing, and Meditation - the three main Yoga structures.
In Yoga, the body is treated with care and respect for it is the primary instrument in man's work and growth. Yoga Exercises improve circulation, stimulate the abdominal organs, and put pressure on the glandular system of the body, which can generally result to better health.
I would like to just give an essence of the six branches of yoga:
1. Hatha Yoga - Yoga of Postures - It ensures peaceful mind and physical strength
2. Bhakti Yoga - Yoga of Devotion - Teaches Devotion and Love
3. Raja Yoga - Yoga of Self-Control - Teaches Discipline and self-control
4. Jnana Yoga - Yoga of Mind - Increases Concentration and Intelligence
5. Karma Yoga - Yoga of Service - Teaches Good and Selfless Sttitude
6. Tantra Yoga - Yoga of Rituals - Teaches Dedication, Purity, Truthfulness